Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ick! I'm a terrible blogger...sorry kids....

I'm sorry!! I haven't blogged in like a month! More than that actually....

What's been going on? A lot!!

I'll be 33 weeks this Friday, so things are moving right along. I'm getting less nervous the closer we get to "full term". My doctor says that they don't panic and they don't stop you if you go into labor once you're 36 weeks....so that's kind of the week I've been looking forward to, and that's just 3 short weeks away. I haven't really been gaining any weight-but Nolan is measuring on track, so they don't seem too concerned. They did say they will do another ultrasound within the next couple weeks to see how big he is (because of the gestational diabetes). I just feel bad because I feel like he's supposed to be gaining at least 1/2 pound a week at this point, yet my weight isn't changing. I feel like I'm starving him or something.....this makes me sad. We'll talk about it again at our next appointment so I guess that will have to do. Other than that, things have been going well.

We had both of our baby showers too! The one in Ohio was March 5th and we got a lot of great stuff and it was nice to see people I haven't seen in a long time. My mom and sister did a great job! It was at a place called The Firehouse. The food was great and the decorations were cute!

Our Indiana shower was just this past weekend and it was amazing! My friends really went above and beyond when they threw this shower. It was a Dr. Seuss theme. I'm gonna try to post pictures so we'll see how that goes. When I say they went above and beyond with this shower-I mean it. The food, the decorations, the CAKE!! Even the gifts.....I'm just so grateful.








Those are just some of the pictures so you can get an idea of what it looked like. Amazing though, right?? I was blown away.  You can't see it in the pictures, but my friends Jamie and Sarah who put the shower together also got us a BEAUTIFUL rocking chair for Nolan's room. I'm so touched by how much they did.

In house news-things are moving RIGHT ALONG. I don't have any really recent pictures put on the computer, but trust me. It's coming along nicely. The outside is done-siding up and all that stuff. The driveway, sidewalk and walkway are in. The drywall is finished and they started painting this week. By the end of the week, painting should all be done, trim done, and hard surface floors should be installed. All of our doors are in the garage too-so I don't know if they will put those in this week or not. We're gonna stop by Friday afternoon and hopefully get some more pictures. We locked in our mortgage rate a week ago and apparently you have 30 days to close once that happens, so we should be moving in a month. Good things.

That's all I've got for now. I promise I'll try to be better and update more!!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to hear your doing great! That cake looks very delicious by the way. Your showers sound like they were fabulous! Only a few more weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete