Monday, June 13, 2011

What's a girl to do?

It always irritates me when I think that I have something figured out but then low and behold-plans change and no, I don't have anything figured out.

Before I left work to go on maternity leave I *thought* that I had all of the details of my return worked out with my boss. That's what she led me to believe anyway...even though getting any kind of information out of her is like pulling teeth. Anyway-I already felt iffy about the situation because I work at a small place, and I work part time, so there's no kind of FMLA or anything in place to protect me or my job. But she assured me that everything was cool. Our arrangement was that I would come back at the beginning of July and that I would be working 3 days a week (Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday). So I went ahead and got everything set up with our baby sitter too. I told her Nolan would be starting on July 5th and that he would be going 2 days a week and we would rotate between Tuesday/Wednesday and Wednesday/Thursday every other week.

Today after not hearing from my boss for almost 2 weeks (I emailed her two weeks ago and asked her to call me as soon as she could so we could discuss my return) she emails me and gives me some crap about how busy they are, and says my return date will be July 12th (a week after I was going to come back) and that for the first "few" weeks I will just be working Tuesdays and Thursdays (my old schedule). So first off, if you're SO busy, why don't you want me to come back a week earlier like I'm offering and why wouldn't you need me the 3 days a week we discussed? Now I'm going to have to call my baby sitter and HOPE that she will let me start Nolan a week later than we discussed, and I'll have to tell her that for the first few weeks it's going to be Tuesday and Thursday that Nolan is at daycare and no Wednesdays. And that that's subject to change within a few weeks. This irritates me beyond belief.

What am I supposed to do? She has changed everything. WTF? And I'm totally at her mercy. This is lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment