Monday, May 31, 2010

I'm bitter, nice to meet you

I'm trying a new approach. And with a new approach comes a new blog.

I've abandoned my last blog-which I'm fairly confident that no one read anyway-to start working on this one. I've decided that this blog is going to be a "no nonsense" approach to my life. No more hiding behind sugar coated posts and feeling guilty about honest ones. This blog is all honesty, all the time.

Day after day I stumble upon blogs and google pages showcasing how awesome someones life is. They have the "perfect" husband, and the "perfect" home, and the "perfect" child (or pregnancy)...and they themselves are "perfect". You know what I'm talking about. They only post pictures that are extremely flattering and even the way they type their little stories and talk about their lives implies only perfection. They come across as sweet as pie and you just want to say, "Aww!" and give em' a big hug...and then vomit a little.

I've tried to make a blog like that...and when I failed OVER AND OVER, I started getting a little down on myself. I would think, 'why can't I take super cool pictures of all the super cool things in my life and translate it into a super cool blog?' The answer is simple: my life is not perfect. That's not to say that I don't have a great life that I'm thankful for-BUT, it by no means is perfect. Not even close. My life is real-I'm real. I have flaws. I make mistakes. And for once, I'm not going to make apologies about who I am and how I choose to live my life.

So there you have it. That's what it's all about. You're either with me or your against me. Not really-I'm not that dramatic. I hope that some people will find my honesty refreshing and hopefully, a little bit relate-able. Read this blog if you are sick of the candy coated perfection and want a take on life that's a little more "documentary" a little less "sitcom". Know what I'm sayin?

No comments:

Post a Comment