Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby stuff galore!

We can now SEE the baby move-which is weird. Very cool-but weird. He's pretty active in there, which is a good thing.

We registered for our childbirth classes-it's two classes in February and we'll get a tour of the hospital and everything. We are also going to be taking a newborn basics class in March. It's been a really long time since I have babysat anyone-or even changed a diaper. And I'm pretty sure Ryan hasn't ever done either. So, we're gonna need some information. Very Happy

My showers are coming up in the near future. March 5th will be my shower in Cleveland. My mom and sister are working out all the details, but I think it's gonna be great! And a couple of my very close friends are putting on my shower here in Indiana. We had dinner because they wanted to talk about it and get ideas-and oh man! It's gonna be awesome-I kinda feel bad. I keep telling them that they don't have to go all out or spend a bunch of money, but I don't think they're hearing me. I love you

They are talking a Dr. Seuss theme (which I LOVE!) and tons of food and fun stuff. I just worry because one of them (my best friend) is also pregnant, just a few weeks ahead of me. On the day of my shower, she will be 10 days from her due date. affraid Yeah. We tried to plan the shower earlier, but it just wasn't working for the other girls involved and the place they're having it and stuff. So I'm afraid my poor friend is either gonna go into labor at my shower or be really big and uncomfortable-and I don't want her working so hard on something that close to her due date. Again....no one is listening to Lyndsay. Not much I can do at that point, I suppose. I need to get them nice gifts for doing this for me.

Gosh-I have more baby stuff to talk about than I thought. We found Nolan a daycare! It's a really nice lady here in town that just watches a couple of kids out of her house. She's only a few years older than us and she's super nice. Her house is really nice and clean too. Another friend of ours that's pregnant is sending her little girl there just a couple months before Nolan will go there. He will only need to go 2 days a week because I work part time and Ry's schedule is pretty awesome. This is such a good thing for us-we looked at some places and they either won't take infants, or they charge you for the entire week no matter what....we're saving a BUNDLE by sending him here. We also have an appointment on the 7th to meet with a pediatrician, so hopefully we can get him set up with that too!

Lastly, another big baby item out of the way-Ry's mom bought us our crib and mattress! She got such a good deal on them that she still wants to buy more stuff (I'm not gonna argue with that-I have my eye on a nice glider for his room too)! Our stroller is also bought thanks to my awesome mom!! We don't have it yet-she does. But, she did me a huge favor by getting it. I mentioned on facebook a few weeks ago about the stroller fiasco. I was double checking my registry at BRU online and I noticed that the stroller I had registered for was replaced with some stupid one that I did not want. I did some research and found out that BRU was discontinuing my stroller-not the actual type of stroller, but the pattern I guess. Well, here's the thing...I was in love with that pattern. It's too cute-and it's different. And Ryan and I agreed that we both really wanted it. My mom went to BRU (we registered at the one there in Ohio, we don't have one too close to us) and they had 3 left, so she got it for me. Phew!! Just so you can see how cute it is........

2 comments:

  1. That's great! I've always loved Dr. Seuss. We always said that if we had a boy we'd do the Dr. Seuss theme and if it was a girl a cute owl theme.

    A lot of daycares here don't take infants either :( There are very few places and they were all very expensive. I'm glad you were able to find someone nice and affordable :)

    That is such a cute stroller! I'm glad to hear everything is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyndsay! I just updated my blog with an answer to your question about our hospital. Also, check out my giveaway! There are really low entries and I'm sure you could find something for that little bambino!! Let me know if you have any other questions.

    ReplyDelete