Sunday, January 30, 2011

You like me! You REALLY like me!!

Hooray for my very first blog award!!!

I want to send a HUGE Thank You to Mary over at The Great Elephant Symposium for giving me the Stylish Blogger Award! It was very unexpected-but very nice indeed! Mary has a great blog and if you haven't already, you should definitely head over there and check it out!

Now, this award comes with some rules-so here they are!

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award. (Done!)
2. Share 7 things about yourself. (Done!)
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers. (Done!)
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award! (working on it!! )

7 things about me:

1-I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio. As far as I'm concerned, it is not a mistake by the lake, but one of the greatest cities out there! My entire family still lives there-as well as many of my friends. I try to get home to visit whenever I can.

2-I met my husband on the internet. Yep. Eleven years ago now-but we were just two crazy kids who met in a chat room on AOL (you remember those days?) and really hit it off. We talked online and on the phone almost everyday for a year and a half until we were finally able to meet in person. Once we met-that was it. We had to make it work. It was long distance at first, but that wasn't good enough. I've been living in Indiana for almost 8 years now. :)

3-I went to Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, where I majored in Communications (Public Relations and Journalism). One of my biggest regrets is not finishing my program there. BUT-had I stayed there and finished, my life might be completely different. The biggest difference-I don't know that I'd be married to my amazing husband and living in Indiana. So I guess I made the right choice by leaving there.

4-I was a band geek. Yep. In high school, I was in every band you could be in and I was even the president of my schools Marching Band my senior year. Head geek. I played clarinet and saxophone. I wouldn't trade those years for anything.

5-I had a breast reduction. It's been a little over 5 years now, but it was so worth it and one of the best decisions that I've ever made.

6-I worry about everything. Seriously. I think my worry is completely irrational a lot of the time, but I don't know how to make myself stop worrying. I worry about things that I can't control and things that I can control but don't know how to. It causes me a lot of anxiety.

7-I act like I don't care-but I am very concerned about what people think about me. I don't know why.

I don't know if those are good things about me or not-they are just the first things that popped into my head.

Okay-lets see if I can do this part :)

15 blogs that I think are awesome

















Phew!! Okay-there's 15 blogs that I follow that I think are absolutely wonderful and that deserve the stylish blogger award! Go forth, and check them out!

Thanks again Mary!


1 comment:

  1. I played Clarinet too!! It's been years since I've played it but it's somewhere in the house in its case.

    I just noticed your Baby Ticker Widget you're almost at 100 days!! Time sure is flying by!

    ReplyDelete