Thursday, June 3, 2010

This is a RANT. Move along if you're not interested.

So....I didn't go to bed until like 4:30 in the morning. I don't have to be to work until 2:30 today and I was trying to spend some time with my husband, whom I feel like I never get to see.

This morning at 10:15 a.m., my home phone rings. I am asleep-so I ignore it because no one ever calls our home phone. Then my cell phone rings-I ignore this. Then the home phone rings....again. I sit up to see if I can see who is calling, it looks like work. Just to be sure that I'm not in the wrong, I get up out of bed and stumble over to the fridge to check my work schedule. Nope-I'm not supposed to be to work until 2:30. Why are they calling me?

So by this time, I have a message on my answering machine and a message on my cell phone. What the fuck?

I listen to both messages. It's my boss. Apparently they are very busy at work and she wanted to know if I could come in earlier than 2:30.

Ya know what? NO. No, I can't come in earlier. Let me tell you why. I am at work ALL THE TIME. I feel like I spend half of my life there. And I've worked PLENTY of very busy days where we have been short handed and no one came in to help me. I have a LIFE. I, unfortunately, have to work for now, so I plan all of the other way more important things I have to do in my LIFE, around my stupid work schedule. I didn't go to bed until 4:30......I had planned to sleep until like noon, then get up take a shower, do a little laundry and straighten up, and then head to work. Now, I'm awake by 10:30-and I'm PISSED. I went back and forth with myself-because I'm a good person and of course I want to help out. But at the same time it's like, "no-fuck off"-no one helps me. So I didn't call back. And what I've come up with is that I'm going to take my shower and do a few things, and if I can get to work a little earlier-fine. If I can't-I'm not gonna worry about it. What the hell do they want from me??

It's not my fault that we're busy. And I'm sorry-but guess what? Other people work there!! Yes-other people-not just me. Call someone who has the whole day off and see if they want to come in. Because I know that right now, not everyone is working. After the holiday weekend, lots of people have days off. Call one of them and see if they will come in-I'm already coming in today!! I was there yesterday-all day-when we were VERY busy. Again-no one made an effort to come in and help. And I work tomorrow, and the next day-then I get one day off. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! FUCK! I hate this job-I hate this stupid fucking job. I am spending ALL DAY SUNDAY, my day off-doing my school work so that I can get the hell out of there sooner. Ugh. Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment