Tuesday, June 1, 2010

So, I hate my job

That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone-who actually likes their job? Ryan (my husband) likes his job. He should though. His isn't so much a job-it's a career. It's something he's always wanted. Truth be told, I'm a little jealous of him in that department.

I like what I actually do-I'm a phlebotomist. What's that? I take blood from people. It's kind of cool actually. What I hate about my job is that the schedule is bullshit, trying to get time off is bullshit, and the fact that the company I work for doesn't seem to give a shit about their employees. It's all about money-and it's all about the bottom line. And that's just scratching the surface of what's wrong with that place.

What kills me is that I have an out. I'm taking classes online for medical coding and billing. Granted-that's not the "dream job", but it's a job that will at some point allow me to work from home. That means that I'll be around for my kids-and available for my kids. That is my dream job. Problem is that I'm so fucking lazy that I'm way behind on my school work. I have had PLENTY of time to get it done and I just haven't. Just about EVERY day I tell myself that I'm going to work on my assignments and EVERY day, I do not. What the hell is wrong with me?? I need to hurry up and get that shit done-because at some point, when I do get pregnant-that's going to be the beginning of the end of me at my current job. I'll work there throughout my pregnancy, but once I have the baby, I'm not coming back from maternity leave. So I need to finish my schooling as soon as possible so that it's ready and waiting in the wings.

Anyway-sorry this post isn't very witty-it's actually kinda whiney. But I've just had four days off and now I have to go back and I'm pissed. Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment