Monday, August 16, 2010

Punk kids and waiting around....

So-imagine my surprise this morning when I get in my car and my glove box is open and stuff is strewn about the inside of my car. And ALL of my cd's are missing. Yeah.

I live in a small town. A VERY small, seemingly safe, town. Did I lock my car that was in MY driveway? No. I never do. Am I mad at myself for not locking my car? No. I'm not. Because the other 5+ cars that got broken into last night actually got BROKEN INTO. So had I locked my car, I would not only be missing my super awesome cd collection, but I would also have to be buying a new window-which I can't afford right now.

I'm pissed. Oh well. What can I do about it? I'm mostly just mad that they probably took my cds, didn't actually want any of them, so they dumped them off somewhere.

In other news...got my errands done today. Went to the doctor, that was fine. Dropped off my tax check at the IRS place-whatever-that was fine.

I talked to the place that I'm trying to get hired at. The manager told me she did talk to the district manager and the only thing they were concerned about was that I originally wanted full time and this job was part time. I explained to her that part time was indeed fine-I only said full time because I had full time availability. The manager already knew that because she and I talked about it in my interview last week. So she said she needed to call him back and tell him that because he has final say. She said she would talk to him and call me back either today by the end of this afternoon, or first thing tomorrow morning. UGH. I hate waiting....did I mention that? I'm impatient and I'm trying to call my current job and quit-so I would like to know that I have a job to go to. So now I'm on edge.

I'm on edge because I NEED to quit my job like-this week...which means I need to be starting a new job. I guess it's out of my hands now. Honestly, if I don't get this, then I'm quitting my job anyway and I'm gonna start pounding pavement. I can get a job. But THIS job that I'm waiting to hear about is the one I really want. I've come this far. I've submitted an online and a paper application, I went in to fill out a questionaire thing, I've had TWO interviews, and they've called ALL of my references. I've worked at way higher profile places that never did that. They better be hiring me.

Okay-I need to go throw up or something. I've made myself nervous. Oh please-let this work out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment