Tuesday, August 17, 2010

So...I just wanted to say...

I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!! 

I was starting to get scared that they wouldn't call. I start on Thursday (for Orientation). I'm so excited. The job is at my favorite clothing store-Maurices. I know to some people, it may seem like a step backwards. Going from a healthcare type job where I make $14.00 an hour to a retail job where I work part time and make a little more than half that. Well, the way I see it is this:

My husband has a great job and he makes pretty good money. I had a job that I made decent money-but I slipped into a depression and it started to effect every aspect of my life. I didn't have any energy. I was so stressed that I'm almost positive that that's what caused my two miscarriages. It was HORRIBLE. We knew that I needed to work, but that my money for the most part was just extra. So, while it's great to make the money I was making, the effect it had on my life wasn't worth it. That job sent me to therapy, caused me to take a leave of absence from work, and I'm on Prozac because of it. No job has EVER done that to me. That place is evil. This new job is a place I can work-wear my own clothes (be myself), not have to worry about all the bullshit that came with my old job. I feel relieved.

I'm still on leave at my old job...now I have to call or email them and tell them I'm not coming back. I don't really know the best way to do that. Especially since I still have shit in my locker at work. I don't think it's anything I can't live without....but I don't know. More to come on that. For now-I'm excited and I'm going to enjoy this. Tomorrow is my birthday-and I can enjoy it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday!! I'm so happy you got a new and better job! I know how you feel about your old job... with my last job I was so depressed I hated waking up in the mornings to go. I'm so blessed that my current job found me. I hope this new job works out great for you. Can you just go in to work to get your stuff and just let them know that you are leaving because you have found a better opportunity with a new job? Or something like "Thank you for the opportunity to work here... unfortunately I found another job that is better suited for me...." I've always been told even if you hate the job just leave it on a good note don't leave it with bad relationships because they might give you bad references in the future. Good Luck tomorrow on your first day!

    -Mary
    thegreatelephantsymposium.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I turned in my resignation via email for work. The reason I did it that way was because I've been on leave for a month-so I wasn't going back anyway. I was pleasant and thanked them for the opportunity. I'm excited to start the new job though!

    ReplyDelete