Sunday, September 12, 2010

Are we grown ups yet?

One of the things I'm enjoying about being pregnant is not being able to drink. Not being able to drink is your ticket out of going to certain events and acting like a damn fool at them. Even before I found out I was pregnant, I hadn't drank more than a glass of wine in a couple months. I'm getting too old for the drama and the bullshit and the feeling like shit the entire next day. Good riddance.

Unfortunately, I still have several friends that are not pregnant. There was a bachelorette party last night. My excuse to get out of it was that I was working til 9:30-which actually ended up being until 10, so that worked out just fine. A couple of my friends know that I'm pregnant, but a lot of people don't know yet, so I didn't want to out myself by going to a party and not drinking.

Anyway....glad I didn't go, for drama ensued. I was in bed-where I should be at 2:30 in the morning, and I got about a million text messages and a phone call from one of my friends. She was balling. No one was talking to her at the bachelorette outing and then they ended up ditching her. My husband is a police officer in the area that she was at, so I text him and sent him over to sit with her until her husband came to get her. I don't know the whole story, but she was pretty upset and even though she had been drinking, I definitely believe what she's saying. Some of the girls that were there are huge bitches and are shitty in general...so I can definitely see them doing something like that.

It's sad and pathetic though. I shouldn't have to get a phone call in the middle of the night from a crying friend telling me that she's been ditched and she's all alone. That's complete bullshit. Some of the girls that were there are actually pregnant, so they were sober and should DEFINITELY know better. I have to go to work for a few hours, but later today, I'm gonna talk to my friend and get the scoop so I know who needs a proper talking to.

In an unrelated note-my boobs hurt so damn bad. LOL....just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment