Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Where have I been?

Working and organizing.

Things are going better with the husband. I think sometimes we just get irritated with each other for no good reason. I think every couple does that. He says things to me that he shouldn't, and I say things to him that I shouldn't. We have gotten very good at talking about it though. We know that we do it. We both hate that we do it. We don't do it as much as we used to, but it still happens. The fact of the matter is that I love my husband very much and I couldn't imagine being without him, and he loves me more than life-and when it comes down to it-he would do anything for me. We just need to remember that sometimes.

It also helps that I came home from working out the other day and he had completely cleaned the family room. I'm talking got out the carpet spot cleaner and everything. That inspired me to start the cleaning and organizing projects I've been needing to work on.

It's not my closet-but you get the idea. Hehehe....

I organized my closet from top to bottom. I was in dire need of organizing my jewelry. I got some cheap key holders at Target, hung them inside the closet and that's what I used to hand my necklaces on. Also at Target, I got a couple of white plastic bowls (two small and one medium) and I used those for bracelets and rings. I used a tray that I already had for earrings. It turned out really good. I also finally put together my handbag organizers! I'm very excited to  be able to keep my bags nice and clean and dust free so that I can use them another season. I also have a bookshelf in my closet that I use for shoe storage, so I re-organized that as well. I feel pretty good about it.

The next day, still being inspired, I spent a good amount of time cleaning off our kitchen table. Let me just say that the kitchen table was messy to begin with because we don't have a good place to keep mail and things like that. Everything just kind of piles up there. Well, no more my friends. I hung a "mail box" type organizer on a wall in the kitchen. I can stick incoming bills in it, pens, scissors, etc. Anything I might need access to in a timely fashion. I also got an acordian folder to keep track of billing statements, etc. after they're paid so they don't clutter up my current bills folder. Anyway-things are looking good. I have a few more things to do, but I have found that doing one thing each day is really the way to do it. That way you don't get overwhelmed.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to. I did take tonight off from the organizing because I'm off tomorrow and that's what I planned on doing anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment