Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Morning Sickness? Yeah right....

I say that because they might as well just call it "all day sickness". This sucks.

It started last Thursday. In the evening-while at work-this overwhelming feeling of nausea came over me. I didn't throw up. I ate some almonds and drank some water and that was that. Over the next few days, it started coming on more intense and more often. I haven't thrown up at all-but feeling like you're going to throw up all day, is no picnic. I can't eat anything. Nothing sounds good. This blows.

And it's effecting my job-which I can't afford right now. I have been there like a month-I definitely can't call in. Yesterday, I felt like shit. I must have looked like shit too because my boss told me I could go home an hour early. Once I got home, I laid in bed the rest of the night. Today I'm off and tomorrow I don't go in until 5....but damn. I have to do something. I can't be sick all day every day. I don't want to complain because having this kind of sickness just means that the pregnancy is going well, and of course, that's all I want. I want this to go well and be a healthy pregnancy that I get a take home baby at the end of. So I feel really bad complaining...but I can't be sick at work. I can't. Thankfully I only work part-time...but still. My job is basically talking to people and being on my feet all day. I need to have energy and feel good-not feel like shit.

I don't know what I can eat-because I HAVE to eat...I can't just not eat. That probably makes it worse. I go to the doctor on Thursday for my first ultrasound, so I'm going to talk to them and see what they say. I'm supposed to go to dinner tonight with  my best friend. She's pregnant too-but she's definitely past this stage. She asked me where I wanted to go to eat. Somewhere that serves saltines and water. Ugh.

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried those lolli pops from Babies R Us? I can't remember what they are called but I know that's where I bought mine when I was feeling a lot of "Every minute" sickness. I think it has some ginger in it which is supposed to help with the morning sickness. I too did not like anything. I am a big chicken lover and with Livie I practically only ate rice and mashed patatoes. I'll be praying that everything goes great on Thursday for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hon! I haven't heard of the lollipops-I may have to stop by there and see if I can find them. Target has some ginger candies I saw in the checkout-I'm gonna try to pick up some of those. I'm so miserable right now. I'm so hungry...lol. I ate mashed potatoes last night for dinner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got home and looked for them. They are called "Preggie Pops: The Natural Way To Ease Morning Sickness." I hope they help :)

    ReplyDelete