Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Think Positive


Thinking positive is the theme for this post for two reasons:



Number one: I'm pregnant! I announce this here with a positive attitude, but very cautiously. I have had two miscarriages in the past year and after some testing and research, I think we have narrowed the problem down to stress and low progesterone levels-both of which, are fixed. I have a new job which means way less stress and I'm on progesterone supplements so there you go. I'm only around 5 weeks or so. It's very early. But this is a very critical time for me. I have to have my first hcg level blood draw tomorrow morning and the second one on Friday morning. I'm hoping and praying for good results. I don't want to go through a third miscarriage. I really feel good about this time and I feel like it's going to be okay. I have told my inner circle of friends, my mother, and my mother in law. That's my support system-the people who are with me whether it's good or bad. Of course, my husband is included in that as well. Several of them are praying for us and for this baby. All I want is a healthy take home baby. That's it.

Number two: Thinking positive has become my new mantra. Instead of assuming this is going to end badly, I feel that it will end 9 months from now with me giving birth to my son or daughter. My healthy, take home, son or daughter. I have 4 CLOSE friends in my inner circle and one friend from home who are all pregnant right now. So, why not me too? I deserve it just as much as they do. I have suffered through two losses, and I'm ready for it to be my time for something good. Something wonderful. So yes, I am still a little scared. I'm allowed to be. But that doesn't mean that I'm not going to do everything in my power to stay positive.

I'll try to be better at updating. I will have my hcg results within 4 hours of the blood draw, so I'll put them  here as soon as I can. Please-if you read this, and if you pray-pray for me to have very good results on these blood tests. Wednesdays won't tell us too much, but Friday's will tell us if everything is going as it should. Please God, let it  be going as it should.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you! I will definitely keep you in prayers these upcoming days. I really hope everything goes great tomorrow and on Friday :) Grow baby grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete