Saturday, October 16, 2010

Another update

My doggie came home yesterday and she's doing great! We have to keep her cone on her most of the time because she keeps trying to lick her stitches. It's so good to have her home though! We have to keep her calm and quiet, which you know is challenging for a black lab. All she wants to do is run and play-but her injury is in such a high motion area that she can't run around and be crazy. She's been really good though. Just relaxing in the living room.

I also have a job interview next week! Crazy-right? Totally random, but I googled labs (like laboratories in the area that collect blood) and came up with a little list of places around here that I never even  knew about. I found one in particular that is kind of small and has totally normal hours and I just went ahead and emailed them. To my surprise, I got an email back from the lady who runs the place and she wants to set up an interview with me. I'm not sure what day yet-she gave me a choice of Monday or Wednesday, late morning or afternoon. So I basically told her whatever is more convenient for her and now I'm  just waiting on an email back. I'm intrigued. I didn't expect something so fast or from a place that would be so awesome to work at. I know that this isn't a desk job-persay. Honestly, I miss sticking needles in people-lol. I loved being a phlebotomist, I just didn't like the company I worked for and the way they ran their business and treated their employees. And with this new place-they aren't some huge operation, they probably don't have more than a few people working there. They are open M-T from 8-4:30 and F from 8-3:30. Saturdays is by appointment only. So that would be an awesome schedule. The exact kind of schedule I'm looking for. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this place is as cool as I think and that my interview goes well.

Lastly-I'm ready to go to the doctor. I know my appointment is on Wednesday, but that can't come soon enough. It's not really that I'm worried for any reason in particular...it's just that someone like me needs updates and reassurance more often. Having blood tests at the beginning was great-having the ultrasound was awesome. It's been like a month since that and I'm ready to hear the heartbeat again. I'm a little freaked out. I just want good news. I've had too much bad stuff lately-and definitely too much bad stuff on the baby front in the past. I can't take any bad news right now. I pray every single day for this baby. I pray that this IS our take home baby-even if it's the only one we ever get-this baby NEEDS to be born and NEEDS to be healthy. I don't want to be paranoid-and I don't want to be negative. I have no reason to be. Like I said, I'm just ready for an update. I'm ready for this appointment and so help me, it better be nothing but GREAT news.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so glad your doggie came home already! I hope she recovers quickly!

    Oh wow! An interview! That is great! I really hope everything goes well and this is a great stress free environment for you and baby. I think the other job would have gotten worse over time especially since you had to be on your feet more. I will be thinking of you this Monday/Wednesday!

    Good luck at your appointment! Baby should be putting on a show for you at this appointment :) Flipping and moving around!

    ReplyDelete