Thursday, October 14, 2010

Little bit of an update...

Well, the dog is doing really well and they are saying she will most likely come home tomorrow. She will require some extra care at home, but at least I'm here with her. So good news on that front. Until we have to pay the bill....still not really sure how much it's going to be or how we're going to deal with it. Oh well...we'll figure it out I suppose.

Still don't have a job-big surprise there, it's only been a few days. I reworked my resume yet again and resubmitted it to a few places. I just have to keep on trucking I suppose.

Today is our wedding anniversary. Four years ago today we were married. It was an amazing, beautiful day that I will never forget. The struggles we are facing on this anniversary are just a solid reminder of how much we love each other and what exactly those vows you take mean. No cards or presents this year. No dinner out to celebrate anywhere. Just being together is enough. We've got plenty more anniversaries ahead of us for all the extra stuff.

Today I received my fetal doppler that I rented from Belly Beats. I've already played with it, and honestly-I'm pretty sure I'm just picking up my own heartbeat-haha. I'm only 9 and a half weeks right now. I have an appointment with my doctor next Wednesday, so I think I will bring the doppler along and they can show me the right way to use it and show me what I'm looking for. Honestly, I'm not freaking out. I'm not an idiot-I know that they even have trouble at the doctor's office sometimes finding it so early. We heard it clear as day through the ultrasound I had at 6 and a half weeks-so at least I have heard it. The point of renting the doppler wasn't to freak myself out or make me worry, it was for re-assurance. Mostly for later in pregnancy when it's easier to pick up the heartbeat. I just got it now cuz I thought maybe I could hear it this early-they say 8-10 weeks usually you can start to hear it on the outside of your belly with a doppler. Maybe by next week.

Anyway-no idea if I get to go to Cleveland this weekend or not. We'll just have to see. I would really love to-and my family would obviously love for me to. Right now I'm kind of playing life by ear. We'll see how Brit is doing when she gets home and we'll have to see what our money situation is obviously. Oh-and we broke down and got a microwave last night. We got a cheap one. We couldn't go any longer without one. We have food to eat here but we were having no way to cook it...so we really had to get one. I guess that's it for now. More updates as I know more stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment