Monday, October 25, 2010

Visit home, dog update, etc.

Haven't been on in a few days. I went to Cleveland on Thursday and I got back yesterday evening. It's always nice to spend time with my family. I got to see some friends this trip as well, so that was good. Don't really have much more to say about that-just that it's always hard to leave. It's hard to be around your family and then just not be. Every time I visit, I'm reminded how much I miss them and how much I miss home. This time, I was reminded how hard it's going to be to raise a child with my family 6 hours away.

Our dog has to have surgery again. This time it will be less invasive. There is a patch of skin that has basically died off, so that area is not healing. They need to cut that part out so there's only healthy tissue left so that it can finally properly heal. Thank god for Ry's parents or we wouldn't even be able to do this. Her first surgery took everything we had saved up. And it looks like this one is going to cost just as much as the first. So again...we'd be screwed without Ry's parents. They are awesome and always have been. So Brit's at the hospital right now-her surgery is tomorrow and we don't know how long she will have to be there....again. This is their last chance. If they don't fix it right this time, we're taking her to our normal vet.

I don't think I updated about my doctor's appointment or my interview last Wednesday? If I did already, I'm sorry for the redundancy. Interview went well. The lady was very nice and it sounds like a job that is right up my alley. The pay is pretty good-and it's basically part-time. The more work they have though, the more hours you can get sort of thing. Also, everyone is cross trained, so it doesn't get boring because you can be doing something different every time you work. As far as I can tell, no weekends-so that's a big plus. She was also headed out of town the day after our interview, so I'm giving her today as a freebee and then tomorrow I'm going to email or call her. I feel pretty good about it.

My doctor's appointment was fabulous! We got to hear the heartbeat AGAIN-so that's good. And they gave me a bunch of magazines and books and pamphlets and stuff. They are also having me stop taking my progesterone. She had said as long as we hear the heartbeat again (which we did) that I should just finish what I have of my progesterone and that will be it because I will be close enough to 12 weeks. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about this. I have two suppositories left right now. I figured I should maybe wean off them so nothing crazy happens, cuz I heard sometimes spotting can happen and I really don't need to be freaked out like that. So I didn't take it last night and so far so good. I will take one tonight, then  not on Tuesday, and the last one I will take Wednesday. Friday I will be 12 weeks-so i guess that's as close as I'm gonna get. I thought about calling my doctor's office today and asking them about it, but she seems to be confident with everything so I guess I'll just stop when they say. She also said my uterus is growing and it's now in my abdomen where it should be. I had some blood work done and also got my flu shot so i don't have to worry about that. My next appointment is November 17th.

What else? I got my first pair of maternity pants! I love them. My house is a wreck....I wish I could hire someone to come in and clean and organize-just once to get everything in order-so that it's easier to keep up with. I have plenty of time to do all of this, but I'm just so tired, it's hard to get on board with it.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the new maternity pants!!! I remember being very excited to go shopping for maternity clothes!

    I'm glad you had a good time with your family. I too live about 6 hours away from my dad :( I usually cry just a bit when we leave. I get so emotional since I only see him about 2-3 times a year.

    Awww I'm glad you were able to hear little one's heart beat :) 12 weeks?! Already?! Wow time flies by fast! That means you might find out if it's a boy or girl next time you see your doctor! How exciting! I always get excited when people go for this appointment...also when they're going to deliver. I remember when my nephew was born... he was a week late and I kept telling my sister-in-law, "But you said he'd be here by now!" I was 8 years old. Hahaha!

    I'm keeping your pup in my prayers. Hopefully she'll be able to heal fast after this surgery.

    XOXO Mary

    ReplyDelete